Originally Posted by CNote
Allegedly, Quiet Dom Cirillo gave the OK for his own son to be whacked after he raised his hand to Vinny Basciano.

True. From what I've read about the situation, Dominick's son was a half a mental case, an arrogant guy, who I think may have been a little "off" in the head. He's typical of the type of guy I mentioned as the "ungraded class" of sons who are just not capable people, period. Regardless of what they try and accomplish in life.

From what I gathered, Cirillo's kid, I forget his first name but wasn't it also Dominick? This kid would just meander around their Bronx/Yonkers neighborhood, "existing" and making a nuisance of himself and causing trouble where he could. And because of his surname and his dad's "perceived" clout, got away with a lot of BS through the years.

Neighborhood people would generally just look the other way and let it go. But as the kid got older and grew more frustrated with his own miserable life, he started lashing out more and causing problems.

It got to a point that certain people in the Bronx and Westchester didn't care about who his father was anymore, they were not gonna allow this imbecile to abuse them. (CNote, as you mentioned above, and if I remember correctly, the Bonanno Family's Vinny Basciano, or his kids, were among those who had come into direct conflict with Dominick Cirillo over this.)

The end result? This kid disappeared off the face of the earth...never to be seen again.

There was much conjecture whether members of the Bonanno Family had killed him, or other street guys did. Or whether enough formal complaints came in about the kid that Quiet Dom himself and the Genovese crew had ordered his kid's death, etc.

There are several other sons of mob guys up around the Bronx and Westchester Counties that fall into the same general category. Sons who have become "crosses to bear" for their dads over the years.

But this phenomena is not exclusive to the Bronx or Westchester. There are wiseguys throughout all five boroughs and beyond, throughout all Cosa Nostra, who bear this same cross.

For that matter, this problem is not even exclusive to the mob. Fathers in all walks of life have had to sometimes contend with nincompoops as sons. Lol. I guess it just sometimes goes with the territory.

Last edited by NYMafia; 12/31/23 06:26 AM.