Originally Posted by Toodoped
Cerone together with his cousin Skippy were known alcoholics among Chicago's criminal brotherhood and according to some reports, many members like Aiuppa were allegedly mad at Cerone for placing Ricca in a dangerous situation. So it is possible that Giancana shared the same opinion about the Cerones with the rest of the membership but I highly doubt that he hated Cerone. We have numerous cases in which Sam and Cerone collaborated together, although when it came down on who was going to inherit Ferraros underboss position, Giancana went with Battaglia instead of Cerone.

As for Aiuppa...I personally never came across information that Giancana allegedly hated Aiuppa. Also I believe that Giancanas hit was sanctioned by Accardo himself, not Aiuppa.

Well there is a wiretap where Giancana is talking to Frank Ferrara where Giancana tells him "If Joe Aiuppa comes to you for money, tell him to go to hell. We gave him Cicero, and if you can't make a living there, you can't make one anywhere." or something along those lines, so I figured he probably didn't think too highly of Joey O. I've always thought Accardo gave the final OK on Giancana, but have felt that Aiuppa pushed hard to make it happen. I believed Aiuppa was behind Roselli's death too. Just based on things I've read, I don't think Aiuppa cared much for that faction of the outfit either.

Last edited by Big_Tuna93; 12/27/23 12:55 PM.