Originally Posted by Dwalin2011
Originally Posted by NYMafia

I don't know the exact particulars about that situation, but that aside, knowing what I do about the mechanics of these types of things, I'd have to say that Ricca was definitely NOT any type of informer or cooperator. I'm sure there were conversations held between Ricca, Cerone, Accardo and other top figures in their administration who vetted and pre-approved such a move for the "greater good" for the Outfit.

But if, as you say, a rat is a rat, then imo there is no excuse for Ricca either. If "for the greater good of the organization" is a "justifiable" excuse for giving someone up, then someone could argue that other excuses you listed above would be "valid" also.

We don't know the "true" story behind this entire scenario or even the conversation that took place. We don't even know that anything close to what is purported to have happened, actually happened. Or even what Ricca "supposedly" said or didn't say, understand my thinking here Dwalin?

So this is really all conjecture on all of our parts. Yet, Paul Ricca was a very highly respected mafioso, a boss no less. Over one of the most powerful crews in the U.S., not to mention that fact that he was also a card-carrying member of The National Commission.

So I seriously doubt the context in which he said what he said (or even whether he said anything at all, let alone something along those lines.)

Because if he did say something so off-color as that, or cajoled Cerone into taking the fall like that, boss or no boss, Paul Ricca woulda got hit right in the fucking head!

Especially back in those days...So I take it all with a huge grain of salt.

Last edited by NYMafia; 12/22/23 10:08 PM.