Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by Toodoped
@NYM whats your opinion on the court case in which Outfit top boss Paul Ricca confirmed to prosecutors that he and acting boss Jack Cerone were present during a meeting with Louie Bombacino (informant and court witness against them)? Because of that Ricca was released while Cerone was sent to jail, but keep in mind that Ricca had serious health issues at the time and was placed in "corner" by investigators, and was still at the top of the organization, meaning the role of the acting boss was to protect the real top admin. So was Ricca a rat in that particular situation?

I don't know the exact particulars about that situation, but that aside, knowing what I do about the mechanics of these types of things, I'd have to say that Ricca was definitely NOT any type of informer or cooperator. I'm sure there were conversations held between Ricca, Cerone, Accardo and other top figures in their administration who vetted and pre-approved such a move for the "greater good" for the Outfit.

I agree and on top of that it was Cerone's mistake for vouching to bring a low level member in a business convo with the Outfits top boss and possibly thats why some guys were mad at Cerone at the time. Although on the other hand, Ricca couldve kept his mouth shut and die in jail, but as you already said it was for the greater good for the organization.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good