Originally Posted by Turnbull
Originally Posted by JCrusher
[What did he actually gain by murdering Fredo? People being more terrified of him?

Michael is a thoroughly reprehensible character. In his mind, if he showed any mercy or forgiveness to anyone who "injured " him--even his own brother-- (as he put it to Cardinal Lamberto in III), it would be viewed as a sign of "weakness" by enemies and friends alike--and would endanger his life. "This was the business he chose." mad

Again there really is zero evidence that shows Fredo wanted to kill him

Yes, If Ola had flat-out asked Fredo to help in the murder of his brother, Fredo would have said no. So, Ola played him--Michael was being tough on negotiations, they needed information, bla-bla-bla. But, Fredo just closed his eyes,,ears and mind to what was going to happen when Ola told him to open the drapes--especially since he was promised "there'd be something in it for me."

:
. I think Fredo was just simply stupid. I don’t think he is capable of malice. Hell look at how he fumbled the gun in GF1. There really is no defense of what Mike did. Then we see how much it meant to Fredo that mike hugged him and “forgave”him and how he bonded with Anthony. I doubt you would see that if Fredo was wanting Mike dead