Originally Posted by Lana
Excellent movie-fact based analysis' with articulate new takes as well

If -- it'd be good for the family, Why did Fredo need something in it for me -- on my own, to help out?
Michael: You believed that story? You believed that? [We don't! either]

Besides as Evita posted “He was not involved in their big deal together So what little help he could give -- inconceivable” indeed

Extracts:
Originally Posted by Evita
I reckon, Fredo dissembled or otherwise -- It [his little help arguably opening the drapes --] was to identify Michael's bedroom for the hit
Originally Posted by Lou_Para
Although he says he didn't know it was going to be a hit, then what purpose was opening the drapes going to accomplish?

how in the hell does opening the drapes serve that purpose? [Mike was being "tough on the negotiations"]

Sure thing Turnbull whether Fredo dissembled or not -- He let his greed for what he thought he deserved close his eyes, ears and mind to what would inevitably happen as a result of his "help."

• Why didn't Fredo help Michael out instead of telling lie after lie from claiming to not know Roth and Ola
  • Why was Fredo withholding information “he knew until after Michael perjured himself" [even though it made no difference whatsoever to Michael's defense]

Fredo's credibility if any shot to pieces

Sure thing Evita "No bigger shot and respect than Don Fredo Corleone" indeed

Well put Lou, Fredo seething with jealousy, resentment -- the idea of helping get rid of Mike is not so far-fetched.
and you are right Sadly neither brother achieved his goal even with trying to kill / killing the other one

. Being jealous doesn’t equal wanting to kill your brother. Once again there a mountain of evidence that suggests Fred while stupid wasn’t ruthless like that. Unlike Carlo, Paulie, or Tessio he didn’t consciously tried to kill a Corleone. That’s just fact. I think it’s pretty clear he just wanted to have some respect within the family but he obviously wasn’t cut out for that life he didn’t have the smarts or ruthlessness. Not saying he was a saint but even Mike years later realizes it made zero sense killing him and it followed him and I guess you can argue that karma finally got Mike in the end. Like Tom said “you won you want to wipe everyone out?” which he clear wanted to despite his bullshit excuses of “only his enemies”.

Last edited by JCrusher; 12/10/23 11:44 AM.