Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by Toodoped
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Good footage TD.

Giuseppe "Joe Adonis" Doto was definitely one of the more powerful and respected of Luciano's men. He was a half-a-boss in his own right.

After getting deported back to Italy, he was able to partially maintain his influence and NYC rackets through several devoted minions, the most important of which was probably Family soldier Joseph "Joe Shep" Schipani.

Schipani and Adonis' brother Tony were known to have been partners in several Italian restaurants, one in Brooklyn, another in Nassau County on Long Island.

Thanks for the additional info bud.

Lots of deported capos from different cities still maintained their connections to their old borgatas. Some Chicago capos like Tommy Morgano even continued to receive their cut, besides being deported to Italy.

Agreed, TD. Many guys continued to receive their cuts for years to come from interests they had stateside, especially the more influential ones.

I completely agree and I think that the best example regarding a deported capo or boss who received his cut for a very long time period might be Dominick Roberto, territorial boss for the Outfits Chicago Heights group. Roberto was deported to Italy sometime around the early 1930s and was constantly visited either by his brother John, or Frank LaPorte or Jim Ammiratto aka Emery or Joe Guzzino. Theres even one famous picture from Luzi's book of Dom Roberto, Emery and Luciano together in Italy (late 40s/early 50s). Roberto was later also visited by Accardo and LaPorte's successor Al Pilotto, until his death (Roberto died during early or mid 70s i think or maybe it was his brother, I dont remember). And in addition, some sources indicate that Roberto and Emery allegedly were important part of the national conspiracy in the dope trade at the time, which obviously also involved Luciano.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good