BarrettM, here's what I've been able to dig up, so far, regarding Di Carlo's crew members and subordinates while he ruled the Youngstown area.

Each of the following hoodlums was said to be directly part of Di Carlo's Youngstown crew (with many more unknowns in the lurch); Jasper (Fats) Aiello was said to have been DiCarlo's top ally and closest aide and number two man.

But here are some others we know who were "with" Di Carlo's Gang;
Joseph Augello
Joseph (Shorty) Bardinello
Nicholas Barone
Nicholas Constantino
Samuel (Toto) Di Carlo
Raymond (Ray) Lanese
Vincenzo (Jimmy) Lupo
Joseph Pieri
Joseph Romano

Note: Its also believed that several Buffalo-based soldiers like Salvatore (Sam) Brocato relocated for a time down to Youngstown to assist Di Carlo in his efforts to dominate the city, with Brocato and the others relocating back to Buffalo after Di Carlo left his position and headed to Miami, Florida. Additionally, while Di Carlo was in power he encouraged other mafiosi and racketeers from other various parts of the country to join up with him in his "takeover" of Youngstown's rackets.

This is why the exact answer of who controlled Youngstown, and who was "with" DiCarlo is a bit murky. Because over the years many varied guys and Mafia factions participated in the takeover and later grabbed pieces of the city for their own.

I'll dig up a few more for you also, ok? I hope this partially answers your question.

Last edited by NYMafia; 11/25/23 06:48 AM.