On Rome NY. There was bootlegging done by the Sonsini brothers and Jack Di Bella. Jack Di Bella was big in upstate New York, his operations were in Rome, Utica, Amsterdam, Albany, Troy and Schenectady areas. Answered to NYC, suspected to have been killed by NYC after a still exploded in the Schenectady area, and a failure of shipment from Troy to NYC, since there is no trace of him after the explosion and hospital visit. The Sonsini brother went legit after the end of prohibition. Gambling, bookmaking were big along with unions. Rocco Gualtieri gets brought up, but he was only an associate on record so no one would mess with him, it was for his protection as many mafiosi were grateful for all he had done for the community and helping it grow. Gualtieri was not involved in crime. Members of importance were Paul Raulli who ran Rome, Vincenzio Pinti, Luigi DeLutis, Frank Russo Sr, and Frank Russo Jr. Rome answered to Utica. Rosario Mancuso visited Rome once a year to do a score, but messed up by robbing a good friend of Paul Raulli which caused a major sitdown, and thus Mancuso stopped doing jobs and became a fence. From mid 1950s till the 1980s, the Russos ran Rome. When Joe Todaro Sr, became boss, Jr cut ties, Sr already had cut ties when the Cat came to Utica and was changing things up which Frank did not like. By mid 1970s Rome lost much influence in the unions, when Joe Todaro Sr became boss, they lost almost all of it.

Cosimo Ianniceeli from Cosenza operated from late 1960s till the first Nhdrangheta war in the mid 1970s in Syracuse. Involved in Narcotics mainly, but some gambling which he kicked up to Anthony Destefano and Salvatore Falcone, sending the rest back to Cosenza which was drug profits. He answered to both Cosenza and Salvatore Falcone, which leads me to believe that the Falcones had a lot more say in Syracuse also a few other major things, such as unions, and transferring of associates.

Auburn was part of the Bufalino family, yes people say that Buffalo controlled Auburn, but evidence says differently. For the most part Bufalino and Falcones got along great till the 1970s, when Pittston was trying to move into areas with gambling, and drugs. Then there was the big union fiasco, when both Bufalino and the Falcones were trying to push their guys into key positions, neither side budging, which was good for them cause they couldn't put people in key places and the auditors did not find any major corruption, just low level employees stealing, property damage and running a crap game in one of the bathrooms which I laugh at, but overall the auditors cleared the four unions which upset the feds. During that time there were a few beat downs, but no killings when Pittston and Falcones were in disagreements. The top guys in Auburn were the Monachino brothers, Pat Sciortino, Salvatore Trivalino, and Agostino Santini who was mad in the Lucchese family. The two guys that ran gambling, bookmaking, drugs, and unions were Sciortino, and Trivalino up till the 1980s.

The Top guys in Rochester before Valentis took over were Patsy Amico, Vito Piccaretto, Al Boscarino, Jake Russo, Erasmo Mutolo also known as Doc Romano, the Ida brothers, Vincenzo Colletti before he moved to Colorado eventually becoming boss of that family, and Salvatore Pietropaolo.

BerrettM, only his brother. One associate would return to Buffalo and be made into the NF crew.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green