Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Originally Posted by Havana
[
LOL. Yes Havana, thank you for that nice compliment. I believe you're referring to the expose' I wrote, titled, "The Underworld Landscape of Upstate New York." I spent many months researching, vetting, and then composing that piece.

I chose that particular area for further research because I was absolutely amazed at the tremendous amount of underworld and racket activity there. Yet, nobody but nobody, had ever delved into the subject matter. The best you ever heard about, was the 1957 "Apalachin Meeting" or the Buffalo Family under Magaddino. But the entire Upstate New York area was an untapped, treasure trove of mob doings and history....So I just felt that I had to tackle that project..."It was calling out my name." Lol

Can you please answer these 3 questions?

Do you think that some Syracusans or Uticans or other Upstate guys, possibly known as Associates of either Maggadino,Falcone or DeStefano could have been active or one time active guys from other Families in NYC or elsewhere?
Or could guys known as Associates of DeStefano,etc still be members of the Calabrian or Camorra Familes?
Finally, Do you think the Luciano/Grenovese or Anastasia Families ever had guys in Syracuse,Utica.and Upstate?

Yes. Syracuse had members who were with NHdrangheta, and Camorra. Utica had members who belonged to Agrigento and Trapani mostly Agrigento province.
The area from Auburn to Utica I can give some info. In Auburn, Tommy Gagliano had a soldier there up till from early 1930s to mid 1950s. Syracuse had people from Gambino and Genovese from 1930s until Frank Costello and Albert Anastasia were no longer bosses. Utica still has guys who are associated with the Bonanno, Colombo, and Gambino families to this day in the area. Other Italian groups that operate in those surrounding areas are Auburn, Vibo Valentia (Calabrians up until early or mid 1980), Trabia (Sicilians, up till the Pizza Connection) Syracuse, Calabrians (Cosenza up to the 1970s, Cetraro up to the 1960s, Cutro up to the 1970s, Villa San Giovanni up to the 1990s, two others from Reggio Calabria up to the 1980s.) Camorra (Salerno, up till 1970s, Mondragone up to the 1990s.) Sicilian (Cinisi till 1960s, Riesi till Pizza Connection) Utica, Calabrians(Guringa up to the 1970s), Sicilians (Villabate up till mid 1950s, Alcamo till 1970s, Castellammare Del Golfo till Pizza Connection, Canicatti till 1990s). Today Syracuse has guys from Tegano, Reggio Calabria who operates in the area information is almost 10 years old. Utica has guys from Sciacca, Agrigento who operates in the area, information is almost 5 years old.
Hope that helps.
[/quote]

Appreciate your answer.as well as NYM answers.
From what you know about from Auburn to Utica, what was going on in Rome from early 1900s to 1960s or 1970s? And what figures from operated in that broader area from Cosenza ?
And what was the relationship of Auburn to the other towns in between Auburn and Utica? Were there big crap games occasionally in Auburn and if so who ran them?
Finally even though its outside the area ,you may know if was there was ever a guy in Rochester named Romano? Or who were the top guys in Rochester from 1900s to 1950s before the Valenti crew?