Originally Posted by Toodoped
Originally Posted by Havana
Originally Posted by Toodoped
Great article as always and thanks.

As capo or territorial boss for one large area, did DeStefano had any made members or member/lieutenant under his rule who acted as crew boss or crew bosses for other made guys and associates from that same group?

He probably had a few made guys ,i.e, Soldiers with him,maybe others proposed,and still others nobody knew about. Finally or his other made guys and associates, might well have had connections with other Syracusans who might have associated with the larger DeStefano group but whose own family might have been they were made or associates in other cities,whether it was NYC families or elsewhere. Or some who could also have old memberships in the Sicilian mafia,the Camorra,or the Calabrian groups.

Do I know any of this to be true? Not one word.But its possible and one could make it make sense

To this day most people in the area around Syracuse and beyond,will likely believe none of this LOL

Thanks for your answer.

I believe he primarily had a large group of associates, rather than "made guys" per se. Remember too, that many of the men who lived and/or operated in Syracuse, Sam Farrar, Frank Pelli, Netro, etc., were also allied (and maybe technically "with") the Falcone's out of Utica. De Stefano himself was somewhat subservient and took direction from Joe Falcone.

To answer the other part of your question, about some of his associates, in fact, "having old memberships in the Camorra and Calabrian groups," I think that's a near fact. And I'm certain that some Syracusans also had "old ties" to certain mafiosi down in NYC.