The Calabrian fugitive, originally from San Luca, Antonio Strangio (44 years old) was arrested in Germany by agents of the 'Bundeskriminalamt', the German federal police. The news was released by the authoritative newspaper ' Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung ' ( FAZ ), highlighting that the capture of the fugitive occurred following a road accident in which he was involved at the end of October, and confirmed by investigative circles in Calabria. The fugitive, in fact, was identified after accidentally rear-ending an elderly woman.

Believed to be affiliated with the Pelle 'family' " i vanchelli ", allied with the Vottari ' i frunzu ' and the Pelle ' gazzazza ' - although he did not receive final convictions for mafia association - Antonio Strangio had been wanted since last January, after having moved away from San Luca in Aspromonte, where he was subjected to special surveillance.

The fugitive - cousin of Francesco Pelle known as " Ciccio Pakistan " and Antonio Pelle alias " Vanchelli " - known as ' u meccanicu ' for his passion for racing cars, had moved to Germany at a very young age and had also worked as a pizza chef in the restaurant "Da Bruno" in Duisburg, the place where on the night of 15 August 2007 a fire group from the opposing Nirta (' i versu ') - Strangio gang killed six members of the Pelle-Vottari gang for reasons linked to the San Luca feud in Aspromonte, during which Maria Strangio , wife of the boss Gianluca Nirta, was murdered. Furthermore, Antonio Strangio was confirmed to have been present in the Duisburg restaurant on the evening of 15 August 2007, but he left the restaurant shortly before the Nirta-Strangio ambush which caused six deaths.

Last edited by Hollander; 11/09/23 10:39 AM.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"