Quote:
Originally posted by Saladbar:
The book IS GREAT.

Never seen the movie, don't plan on it either.
You should. Palahniuk is one of my favorite writers (tailgating Hunter S. Thompson very closly). The book is great, I've read it about ten times or so... But for some reason, I prefer the movie; It is my favorite movie of all time. As Vercetti has said, the climax is much better than the one given in the book. Palahniuk is quoted himself as saying he prefered the way they ended over the movie, actually... But, to get to the point, this film is perfect in my eyes. It has all the great comedy and social commentary of the book, plus great cinematography, ALOT of cool "clues" to look out for, and amazing acting. Edward Norton has to be one of the finest actors of his generation, and this film has proved that to me (not to mention his amazing performance in American History X. Pitt plays an amazing Tyler, as does Carter as Marla.

I wrote a review a while back, but can't seem to find it at the moment. You're all just going to have to take my word.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."