FIGHT CLUB ultimately will be seen as a film commenting on a whole generation, made by people of that generation.

Besides the fact that when he's willing to fight the riot fires for his negative reviews of pretty popular movies with logical reasoning, Capo certainly is a chap that knows his movies. Its not like he's some BLOCKBUSTER hack clerk that when asked if they have Fellini's 8 1/2, instead brings up NINE & 1/2 weeks. Capo has seen the great movies that many of us (DV, me, others) has witnessed outselves, so again, he knows his shit.

Of course I disagree with his thoughts on SCARFACE and FIGHT CLUB, but I do understand his arguments, though I certainly reach different destinations based on the same road we drove.

Among other things, FIGHT CLUB is one of those denseful pulp garbage post-modernistic-labeled stories that reaches out for people like a fishhook, and then reel them in for the de-gutting. It's that sort of movie that you watch, and then you're like "Holy fucking macaroni shit!", and try to get your friends to watch the fucker...and many of them get converted into a hopeless cult.

However, I think the basic message in FIGHT CLUB I dug was how a drone wanted a savior to save him, but that itself is folly, for his would-be messiah ended up using the loyalty and mindless devotion of his "Army" to go way too far, yet they follow Tyler Durden, because he is infallable. "In Tyler We Trust"

Instead, the story's point is this: Don't expect someone else to lead you to safe haven, or to make meaning into your life. Be your own savior.