Wow, a surprising wealth of replies. As expected; this is a popular film, and so my review is (again, as expected) somewhat controversial.

Daigo, I suspect you may have been speaking metaphorically, but I'd never watch a film with two hands on the keyboard. I watch a film with headphones in, all light shut out (with a darkened roller blind) and absolutely no distractions. There's no other way to appreciate a film, for me.

Taxi Driver (1976) is much more of an intense film than this. Scorsese respects his protagonist, and, perhaps more importantly, his audience. And, to sound even more cynical, Fincher's film would never have been made was it not for Scorsese. And yet, when I watched this, I thought at one point that this was something Scorsese may have made before his taxi jerked to a stop and started to make films of serenity.

And if Fight Club was made merely to update Taxi Driver to the Millenium, what's the point of that? Sånger från Andra Våningen (Songs From the Second Floor, 2000) deals with the Millenial hysteria in a lot more cinematically fresh and equally funny (and cynical) way. Far more unique than Fight Club.

What makes you think I'd write a review disclaiming The Godfather? Do you think I write reviews just to cause controversy. Not quite. I'm far from that shallow.

Thanks for reading,
Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?