Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by RushStreet
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by RushStreet
Just puts in perspective how minimal the mafia is here in America.

That map is fuckin amazing. So much power and control over there still.

Not even sure the mafia over here ever had that much power in the 50's, 60's and 70's.

The Mafia in the U.S. NEVER had that type of smothering coverage or power across the country. NEVER! Not even close. Italy is an entity, a creature, a phenomena, unto itself.

I mean arguably you could say the Mafia in Italy is more powerful than the Cartels in Mexico when it comes to the country they are based in.

No doubt!...and much more sophisticated also. To the point of high level government and industry infiltration. Nobody else across the entire globe, to this very day, comes close (despite all the propaganda and false rhetoric)

I would argue that there's no other criminal group that has as much grip on his territory as the Italian mafias but i would also argue that there is no other criminal group as structured and as organized as a US mafia family.

I am purely talking in terms of hierarchy and structure, not power, money or violence.

To me, the way the US mafia families have been structured and organized is the most sophisticated form of you can find on the planet. and in the history as far as criminality goes. Period.

Yakuza, Triads and even Biker gang are very well organized but it's not a bottom-up system like the US mafia. As for the Italian mafias, they are incredibly resilient and disciplined but it's way more loosely organized than a US mafia.

At their height, the Genovese or the Gambino families had around 200 made guys spread all over the the East coast with little to no blood affiliation. It's incredible and unparalleled how they manage to structure such a large group of people with such a variety of profiles, implementing rules and hierarchy that are still effective to this day.