Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by southshorekid
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by southshorekid
Joe Farinella was a Gambino member based in Trenton NJ. Relatively low key but connected to quite a bit of mob history. Some of you might know who he is by his nickname… Pal Joey. Sammy Gravano has talked about him a little. He was active up until his death which was probably about 15 years ago. Good guy.

Yes, SouthShore, I have heard the name of Joe Farinella. If its the same fella I'm thinking of, Farinella was active since the 1950s-1960s era.

Same fella. He was a gentlemen but also did a lot of work. Not much is out there about him in the public and I don’t like Gravano smearing his name when talking about the Johnny Keys hit. Pal Joey should have never been that closely involved at his age. He was a standup wiseguy and lived the life without doing a lot of time. Salute.

Ok, thanks. Yes, If I'm not mistaken Joe Farinella was also active early in his career back in Brooklyn, NY. In fact, I think thats where he may have gotten his start.

Toddo oversaw a faction with a few members and dozens of associates in Trenton. I think they were on record with Brooklyn and didn’t report to a NJ crew like most of the state. Without saying too much, that’s how I became acquainted with them. I don’t know who they were with before Toddo. Maybe Petey Pumps, that’s a name I heard growing up. Pal Joey lived near Sam the Plumber and I think they had a lot of interaction. He also lived half the year in Florida.