Originally Posted by Dwalin2011
A very interesting video!

In your opinion, did Getch lie about Regina and Battista or was he truthful? I he lied, who do you think really committed the murder?

I don't think Getch was being entirely truthful. And the entire thing was convoluted. Regina was driving....held the wheel with his left hand and the gun with his right. Battista was in the back seat behind Regina but nowhere could I find any information about him shooting, holding a gun, or anything - just that he was in the car- even in the very limited court documents. And Getch was able to describe all these details but not recognize the supposed third person in the car sitting in the passenger side.

He also said the car was tan then it was black. Louise Mangiamelli said the car was green but at some point Getch had supposedly told her to say the car was green and he would say the car was black. And the fact that the prosecution wouldn't put her on the stand. There were other contradictions in Getch's testimony as well. And I guess I don't understand why Regina would drive up alongside to shoot and not drive up so that the 3rd unidentified passenger could shoot and Regina could focus on driving the car not driving and shooting. What was the purpose of the third passenger?

Do I think Regina was in the car? Probably. But I'm not sure about Battista. He had several solid witnesses testify on his behalf whereas Regina only had his wife.

Who could have been in the car?? Scarpa? I'm kidding. I have no idea, but it's not totally out of the question.

During one of their appeals, an assistant DA said that he and the main prosecutor and a couple of others pressured Getch to inform and finger Regina and Battista...but the others denied that happened and the appeal was denied. And then you have Getch's mom which I guess considering she didn't come forward until 6 years after Getch was murdered is kind of fishy but maybe Getch really did tell her he lied and she really didn't want to come forward and was pressured to do so which is why it took so long. It's not inconceivable that "facts" were made up to fit an agenda...we've seen it with Barboza in Boston and even most recently with Frank Locascio and Gravano coming forward.

And at the time Valachi had just exposed Cosa Nostra and this was a perfect type of event to showcase the murderous tendencies of the "evil" Mafia even if the Gallo-Profaci war had been going on for some time by then. And there was a woman involved., too. Didn't matter if her husband was a gangster. So, it was a publicity boon for the government and wouldn't look good if they couldn't find someone to prosecute even if it wasn't the actual people who did it - and by that I mean Battista.

So, like I said, it's all very convoluted.

Last edited by MafiaStudent; 10/03/23 05:19 PM.