Originally Posted by PalJoey
I’ve always thought it was roselli. I base this on the cia thing, Charlie hagars book, even though i don’t believe the part about bob duff killing mooney, and James Sutton said he saw roselli at the airport coming into town the day Mooney was killed.

Thats another version regarding Rosellis alleged involvement but during those days he was "almost" shelved by the organization and wasnt respected at all. In fact, Rosellis downfall began since the late 60s or early 70s.

Originally Posted by RationalObserver
I believe I read somewhere that Giancana's family do not think that Blasi did it. Is there a reason for that? Why wouldn't they suspect him? Also, was Blasi at the funeral, carrying Giancana's coffin? How balsy if he did it?

Giancana's brother Chuck believed it was the CIA that killed Sam.

Originally Posted by ChiTown

I actually think its somewhat realistic that Joe B did this hit too - if you have hard evidence to prove otherwise, I'd love to hear it. I know its nuts and that asshat Frank Jr. Calabrese says that on his sideshow tours, but that's honestly what I think happened. I believe Torello and LaPietra were the ones who coordinated the hit through Aiuppa and Blasi was the one who set the trap and was threatened to keep his mouth shut - but I would not be surprised if the shooter was Joe B.

That said, you are right - it would make more sense for him to be out of town. You would think newspaper reports would say otherwise but I haven't seen them.

In May 1975 (just one month before Giancanas demise) Accardo began having health issues and also had problems with his son who in turn made false statements on a loan application. This means the old man was watched and I dont think he had the energy and strength to pull out such a professional hit.

Also dont forget that Blasi first started as "secretary" for Accardo, meaning he and the old man went way back. Later when Giancana replaced Accardo, Blasi became errand boy for the new boss. It seems that by the 1970s Blasi was almost broke and so he probably had to "work out" his debts.

Seventeen days before the hit, one of the top three bosses Gus Alex had a meeting with Accardo. Two days before the hit, Alex went to Miami.

Heres some files...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good