The fact that so many stoolies are running their mouth on YouTube is not a good look for the Mob, that much I agree. I don't see how you can survive in the underworld without getting respect and when it comes to getting respect, violence comes with that territory. That's just a fact.
The fact that some of the podcast rats - like for instance Alite, Borrello and Arillotta - are some of the worst garbage people around makes it all the more painful. These are guys who absolutely relished in hurting others, but when push came to shove and it was time to pay up for their sins it was clear that they're able to dish it out but that they're completely unable to take it. If you're someone in the life it must really sting to see vermin like that running their mouth online.

But I do think it's extremely difficult to take them out now. Say one of the YouTube rats gets whacked; even if the person they catch for the shooting isn't Italian, who do you think LE is going to look into? Yup, the Mob. And you can bet your left nut they're going to go hard in trying to do the Mob some serious damage.
Getting gangbangers to do the hit? Sure there's plenty of gangbangers around, but what about the quality control? No doubt there's capable and competent hitters around in street gangs, but those guys tend to take care of themselves and already make plenty of money on their own. They don't need the Mob, no matter how deep some wiseguys' pockets may be. So are they gonna outsource a hit that will draw a lot of heat to some third-rate idiot? I doubt it's worth the risk.
The Zottola hit wasn't a Mob hit, but when you take it as an example in outsourcing a hit to your average gangbanger...it's not a good look. How many times did they mess up an attempted hit? And how quick did the gangbanger in case flip? Exactly.

In theory it's not impossible to whack some podcast stoolie, but it's gonna have to come with a sacrifice. And if that sacrifice is worth it...that's a question you gotta ask yourself.