Originally Posted by Strax
I just don't believe what Borsellino's brother said about negotiations between mafia and state , i think that all stopped in the 90's.

Speaking of the mafia-state negotiations trial (processo trattativa stato-mafia), it's interesting that 1 of the defendants, the general Antonio Subranni, was deeply involved in the mafia since the 1970s at least: when in 1978 Gaetano Badalamenti had the anti-mafia activist Giuseppe Impastato killed, Subranni directed the investigations away from Badalamenti, telling everybody Impastato was a terrorist who accidentally blew himself up, so it was no murder at all. And the other defendant, the general Mario Mori, had chances to arrest both Provenzano and Messina Denaro, yet willingly chose not to do so. Corrupt cops are even worse than "normal" criminals in many ways imo....

They should be viewed by honest law enforcement members in the same way as criminals view rats/informants

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 09/25/23 12:26 PM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."