Originally Posted by furio_from_naples

The LE in Italy are doing an excellent job and now politicians are no longer as untouchable as they once were.

The politicians still rarely do real prison time, usually it's just house arrest and playing the victim card of "oh, we are over 70 years old and can't handle prison conditions" (many of the most important Italian politician criminals are over 70, yet the judges think that should be enough to give them an out-of-jail free card, making the whole antimafia fight against corrupt politicians somehow almost pointless). Apart from Nicola Cosentino (camorra) and Antonio D'Ali' (Cosa Nostra), I don't think there have been any recent imprisonments of politicians. Unfortunately, I think even Giancarlo Pittelli in the "Rinascita Scott" 'ndrangheta trial will most likely get himself acquitted, that freemason bastard...

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."