Originally Posted by marbella
Funny thing – at least in my amateurish mind – is that if Matteo was not the boss of bosses – who is it then? As we may recall boss of bosses Provenzano was arrested in 2006 and died 10 years later. Now all of the sudden prosecutor Maurizio de Lucia is running around yelling that Matteo was never the boss of bosses. Well, assuming that the Cosa Nostra rules he's referring to are correct and absolute then I suppose it's true: Matteo could not be the boss of bosses. However, in that case we must now ask at least the following: 1) who is the boss of bosses?, 2) why haven't we heard about him – ever?, 3) is there a warrant for arrest for this mysterious boss of bosses?

For some reason prosecutor Maurizio de Lucia himself seems to be vague about this. Or how should we interpret "was not technically" in this context? I cannot help but think that this is just some kind of odd psychological mumbo-jumbo aimed at Matteo's glorification – particularly among younger dudes in Trapani area – the authorities have been so concerned about.

Translated with Google from De Telegraaf:

'However, according to prosecutor Maurizio de Lucia, Messina Denaro was not the highest-ranking man within the infamous mafia clan. “He was not technically the head of Cosa Nostra. According to the rules of the Cosa Nostra, it must always come from the province of Palermo. Corleone is also part of the province of Palermo.”

In conversation with De Telegraaf, De Lucia did not want to say who that head is and whether there is a successor to Messina Denaro. “There are several people who could take his place and we are working on them.”'

https://www.telegraaf.nl/nieuws/636...s-liet-slachtoffers-in-zoutzuur-oplossen

Is there a real boss of bosses today at all? Maybe there is only a nominal chairman of the commission without the absolute power Toto' Riina had. Or, even if there really still is a boss of bosses, he probably is indeed from the Palermo province, it has always been the most powerful one, even more than Trapani (Matteo Messina Denaro is from the Trapani province).

Several years ago, it was said that Settimo Mineo was the new boss of the Palermo province, but he is in jail now, I think.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 09/25/23 06:32 AM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."