23 September 2023 Editorial board
The Prosecutor's Office requests the trial of Messina Denaro's driver

The hearing of the investigating judge of the Court of Palermo will be held on November 10th, who will have to decide on the request for indictment against Giovanni Luppino, the man who accompanied Matteo Messina Denaro to the "La Maddalena" clinic in Palermo on the day where the boss was arrested. The Prosecutor's Office requested the trial. Luppino was initially accused of aggravated aiding and abetting and failure to comply with the sentence. Recently the prosecutors also accused him of having a mafia association.

Luppino, an agricultural entrepreneur who ended up in prison on January 16th , the day of Messina Denaro's arrest, claimed to have met the man then taken to the clinic with the name of Francesco through Andrea Bonafede (the man who lent the alias to the boss ) and that I didn't see him again for months. «He came on Sunday evening to tell me to take him to the nursing home for treatment and I did», he told the investigating judge during the interrogation. Just by seeing the soldiers, Luppino would have asked the acquaintance if they were looking for him. And Messina Denaro would finally make his true identity clear. This version was not believed by the magistrates.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Hollander; 09/23/23 12:24 PM.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"