Originally Posted by RushStreet
Still lots of OC activity among Russians and Chinese. You do not want to fuck with Chinese gangsters or Russians, they will fuck you up.

Honestly...these guys as well are barely noticeable in public sight. And trust me, I've been to lots and lots of Chinatowns. I remember that even some fifteen years ago Chinatowns used to be places with a very shady atmosphere. Not particularly dangerous, but still you didn't need to look hard to see something shady going on. These days though? Gangs have disappeared from public sight and lot of businesses that were once Chinese have now been replaced by other immigrant businesses (Thai, Nepalese, Filipino...to name a few).

Russians? I remember a certain square in a big city nearby used to be an open hotbed for "Russian" criminal activity (even though those guys in reality were mostly Georgian, Jewish and Armenian but I digress) with fencing, prostitution and loansharking going on openly. Last time I was at that same square was a year ago and it was nothing but tumbleweeds. Not a single mob guy in sight.

I know they're still around, but they as well have been pushed way into the underground.