I agree completely with Dwalin and Lou. Michael wasn't a psychopatic, sadistic killer like Scarfo or Anastasia (though he probably derived well-earned satisfaction from whacking Sol and Mac). But, unlike Vito, who negotiated first and used murder generally as a last resort, Michael's first choice was murder, almost every time out. And, no, he didn't give a shit about anyone. Early in GF, when Michael wants to visit Vito in the hospital, Sonny tells Clem to send a couple of guys with him. Clem says "Solozzo knows he's a civilian" (honor among thieves?). By the end of the movie, the collateral damage is piling up--the elevator operator and the other guy in the elevator with Stracchi, Barzini's driver, the hooker in bed with Tattaglia). Then there was that hooker in Fredo's brothel--killed just to set up Geary--Michael at his most reprehensible. Even when he seems to feel remorse, as when he makes Confession with Cardinal lamberto, he can't repent sincerely, because he can't let go of his ego and his need for self-justification ("I had my brother killed--he injured me.")

Last edited by Turnbull; 09/18/23 01:48 AM.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.