Originally Posted by VitoCahill
looking to see if i have this pecking order correct.

26th street crew (2023)
boss/capo
frank caruso-father of frank jr.

soldier/ alleged acting capo
nicholas ferriola

soldier
frank caruso jr.- son of capo/boss of crew.

and the 26th street crew would be under authority of as yet unknown cicero/south side area boss. this i assume would be whomever has taken over since death of james inendino...OR as stated above that position has been filled by frank caruso. making him currently both the area boss and capo of 26th street.

i may be confused on all this. the current state of the outfit whatever it is has become a little hard to follow...which would be the point for an alleged secret organization. however i am of the belief that the structure and operations of the outfit has changed more and with greater speed than any other mafia group in the u.s. they have not kept a static unchanging structure like almost every other mafia family on east coast. if i had to guess they have a current structure as follows...

BOSS

2 STREET BOSSES

with capos, soldiers reporting to the 2 SB'S.

now as for what names these 2 street bosses refer to geographically i dont know. the outfit at present does not appear to have set geographic areas that they dominate as in years past. also they are completely outnumbered by dozens of street gangs and cartel groups. they have also been completely outflanked by the political class in the state of illinois as far as gambling goes. all i mean is if the outfit is still operating as a criminal org they likely will take what rackets they can wherever they can.

one SB would be responsible for what remains of the elmwood park and grand avenue crews...and this likely is ALBERT VENA.
the other would be responsible for the remnants of cicero and 26th street crew...was inendino now possibly frank caruso but this has not been confirmed.

i once followed the outfit almost exclusively but have not been as up to date lately so this is best guess.

Good points.

Back in the days or few years ago I made one last chart for the Outfit regarding the 2020/21 era and came to a "conclusion" that there are still two factions out there, meaning the EP/Grand and the Cicero-South Side groups. And since then I wonder if there's still a top admin for the two groups OR there are simply two representatives for each group and they still collaborate. If there is still a top admin, my bet will be Caruso/Cataudella with Vena as rep for the EP/Grand group, and Nick for the Cicero-South Side crew.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good