Originally Posted by ChiCubs
Originally Posted by Toodoped
Originally Posted by ChiCubs

Thanks for the clarification.

Frank's been around forever and comes from a very powerful Outfit/political family.

You're welcome. As I already said, he is the newphew of Bruno Roti Sr who back in 1951/52 officially succeeded Phil D'Andrea as boss of the Chinatown crew and the whole South Side faction, including the Loop and First Ward. Roti Sr also inherited all of D'Andreas political contacts and thats why he (Roti Sr) together with Guzik and Outfit boss Tony Accardo made a deal to infiltrate new faces in the leading political First Ward such as John D'Arco, Pat Marcy, Buddy Jacobson and Fred Roti, mainly because most of their old connection guys were already known by the government and also by the media, or died of natural causes.

I was always under the impression that D'Arco, Marcy and Roti were Outfit guys that were placed in the First Ward, and not guys that were there and then infiltrated. Marcy has a criminal record going back to long before he changed his name and entered politics. D'Arco grew up in Little Italy and was also involved with the Outfit before entering politics. Roti's Dad was Bruno "the Bomber" Roti, so I figured all three were basically groomed and inserted into the First Ward to do the Outfits bidding, and not there and infiltrated.

I understand what you're saying and I agree with you to an extent because some of those fellas started as precinct captains for many Outfit-connected aldermen and in fact, many of Chicago's precicnt captains were either members of the Outfit or associates. Previously guys like Dennis Cooney, Fred Morelli, or Dan Serritella represented a part of the "connection guys" for the old Outfit under Phil D'Andera and Jake Guzik, but previously most of them started as court bailiffs or precinct captains in certain wards. Even Big Jim Colosimo started as precinct captain for the Irish political crime bosses during his era. Benjamin Jacobson started as enforcer for Phil D'Andrea and Bruno Roti during political or union elections especially around the old powerful 20th Ward, but later became one of the main reps for the First Ward. So again, most of these guys worked for many political crime bosses with legitimate jobs but their real work was to beat up or kill people. We can say they were always there or were infiltrated, but to me it doesnt make much difference.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good