Originally Posted by RushStreet
Originally Posted by Toodoped
Originally Posted by ChiCubs
Is the Caruso Jr. discussed here Frank "Toots" Caruso or his son that beat up the kid in Bridgeport?

Frank Tootsie...the old man

Oh thank you for clearing that up! I thought you were referring to his son Toodoped! My apologies! Yes Frank does in fact still have authority over Nick until he decides to step down.

No problem and its also my fault to an extent because I "live" in the old days lol, meaning Caruso Jr for me will always be Skids' son. I dont ever remember Jr's kid who in turn beat up that young black man. Interesting to note is that the old or fomer South Side faction under Ferraro and Alex, which Skids also belonged to, was always connected to the African-American criminal element from around the south. South Side leaders Sam Hunt, Ralph Pierce and the Manno bros were connected to black policy racket since the late 1930s or early 40s. During the late 50s and early 60s Skids Caruso had a black "lieutenant" known as Nolan Mack, who in turn was a very notorious individual and ended being killed by the cops or something like that. There was another South Side black gangster Anderson who besides being operator and collector, he also did hits for the Outfit. Anderson was allegedly involved in the 1963 murder of black alderman Ben Lewis, allegedly on the orders from Outfit guys Lenny Patrick and Dave Yaras.

Originally Posted by ChiCubs

Thanks for the clarification.

Frank's been around forever and comes from a very powerful Outfit/political family.

You're welcome. As I already said, he is the newphew of Bruno Roti Sr who back in 1951/52 officially succeeded Phil D'Andrea as boss of the Chinatown crew and the whole South Side faction, including the Loop and First Ward. Roti Sr also inherited all of D'Andreas political contacts and thats why he (Roti Sr) together with Guzik and Outfit boss Tony Accardo made a deal to infiltrate new faces in the leading political First Ward such as John D'Arco, Pat Marcy, Buddy Jacobson and Fred Roti, mainly because most of their old connection guys were already known by the government and also by the media, or died of natural causes.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good