Originally Posted by Toodoped
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by Toodoped
A true Mafioso. Thanks, it was a great read.

Thanks TD. I'm glad you enjoyed Volpe's story.

This was a mafioso that many people, mob aficionados and so-called mob researchers alike, may have heard about or read his name in a book through the years. Yet, really knew nothing else about him. Certainly nothing substantial. They may have heard he came from Pennsylvania. Maybe they read he was a mob boss in the Pittston area. But thats about it.

Why no mob researcher or writer ever took it upon themselves to really research and explore his life and underworld career is beyond me. It really is. Because, for me, Santo Volpe was amazing!

This man was arguably one of the most powerful (and successful) mafiosi in the history of the United States of America. There is no doubt about that. He enjoyed one of the most illustrious and unique criminal careers of any mafioso (let alone a Cosa Nostra boss), ever!

I agree and he was also very traditional, especially because of his numerous semi-legit ops.

What was especially amazing to me was how he elevated himself into the "upper world" and made sure to keep his children away from all things Mafia. He had the good sense, even as an old-time devout mafioso himself, to want better for his offspring. And how he accomplished that, was, for me, truly unique.