thanks ciment.

after going on run after indictment in 2014 rumors spread as to ranieris whereabouts. some place him in cuba, the d.r. or mexico. if he learnt anything from his mentor fernandez it may have been how to get into and out of canada undetected, very easy apparently. lets assume he went direct to mexico and communicated with associates from there. we will never know with technology and encryption where he made calls from and really at this stage in the game it does not matter.

but this group of 4 men...ranieri, michael cudmore, daniel tomassetti and jabril abdalla have only been linked to 2 murders, angelo musitano and mila barberi. she was clearly not the intended target. saverio serrano son of diego was wounded i believe in the shooting. to the best of my knowledge the musitano have no connection to the serrano family. best evidence would suggest the violi/luppino family of hamilton ordered hit on angelo. the same violi/luppino group would have no cause to target the serranos. i do not believe that ranieri et crew were going total cowboy and willy nilly taking out random OC figures in toronto/hamilton. ranieri above anyone else would not have the ability to be picky about what jobs he was being offered and for how much. as i stated above any racket his small crew had going at time of 2014 indictment was gone upon ranieri fleeing. so i can see the violi/luppino family reaching out to cudmore possibly, someone from hamilton to set this hit up. the reasons for the hit on saverio serrano on the other hand remain less clear. i do not know which if any 'ndrangheta group diego serrano belongs to or works for. i have always thought of diego, the father as being an independent importer/broker for cocaine. if anyone has knowledge about serrano and where his allegiance may lye that would at least eliminate a possible OC group.

so i would not consider ranieri a mtl mafia associate post april 2013 murder of fernandez. i think he became an oft used debt collecter/muscle, hitman and associate of different toronto based 'ndrangheta groups. there also would be no connect or link left in mtl with most of all desjardins/mirarchi and most close associate either dead or imprisoned. i liken ranieri to how frederick silva operated in montreal.

an aside the terms that the media and police use to describe both mafia in mtl and toronto have caused way too much confusion when trying to distinguish who is who and what is what. to state, lazily, i may add that anyone from mtl that is mafia is a "rizzuto" or "sicilian", "calabrian" ,god even "cotroni" is just lazy and wrong. many in the media and law enforcement must by now be aware generally what groups say actually still exist, although this is canada so maybe not.
i dont think when we say with "the rizzutos" we can just assume then that that person lines up with THE RIZZUTO/SOLLECITO FACTION. it has turned into such a lunch bucket catch all term along with "cotroni group/family"...lets be honest there is no longer any functioning crew group or anything left in montrela being led by a cotroni.
i have expressed my views on sicilian vs calabrian before i will not do again but that term has been overused and quite wrongly ta boot.