onto daniele ranieri. his loyalty only lies with juan fernandez full stop. in this case making ranieri the #2 of a high ranking associate nothing more never inducted...despite the large omerta tattoo on his back allegedly.

ranieri's first major arrest i can find was part of an online gambling network based in ottawa, ontario.
a certain daniele ranieri, 28 yrs old of bolton, ontario was arrested in sept 2012 as part of proj amethyst. the leader of this network was benedetto manaserri a then known associate of vittorio mirarchi. i dont believe ranieri ever faced charges in this case or was sentenced as he was indicted and subsequently went on the run come proj forza arrests dec 2014.
so as of sept 2012 i would put ranieri as being allied with mirarchi and those looking after mirarchis rackets while he was imprisoned by this time for murder of salvatore montagna. the direct connection back to montreal for this gambling network is as of now still unknown but my money would be on manaserri or antonio guido.

when indicted in dec 2014 the ranieri mentioned was, 30 years old of bolton,ontario.
at this time ranieri was operating a small crew in toronto reporting direct to juan fernandez after j.r.f's april 2012 deportation. there is no evidence of ranieri reporting to anyone else in toronto or montreal.

i cannot find the article or transcript from trial but i can remember informant carmine guido mentioning ranieri on a wiretap. carmine guido was part of giuseppe ursino led 'ndrangheta cell. guido mentions ranieri putting vaseline on his face when doing a hit so gun powder residue doesnt stick, something crazy like that. but it was interesting to note that ranieri was known in this circle of 'ndrangheta members/associates. it did not say that ranieri did hits for ursino but it gave the impression that perhaps ranieri now operated closer to toronto 'ndrangheta groups then not so much montreal.

so i would say ranieri stayed loyal and allied to fernandez right up to his murder in 2013. after that considering the media and police suggested that fernandez was ordered murdered by V.R. i doubt he would then continue to operate in toronto and now be paying money back to rizzuto. more likely he sought safe haven with one or more of the 'ndrangheta groups and told to lay off revenge. there is no evidence of ranieri or anyone attempting vengeance for fernandez so someone influential must have been holding him back or his 2014 indictment came too quick. all crimes alleged in 2014 indictment took place in toronto NOT mtl as well.

there is also the case of one justin mcpolin arrested in 2014 proj forza. an ex hockey player and money collecter/enforcer was recently arrested along with an associate of benedetto manasseri, james kongkhaw. kongkhaw,mcpolin and david lafontaine were arrested dec 2022 for smuggling weapons across border. kongkhaw and manasseri are directors of an active company. so an ex ranieri associate is now working possibly for manasseri, someone who ranieri possibly was allied with. just trying to show the possibility that once the ranieri crew fell apart upon indictment in 2014 some members still knew where to cast allegiance. not a biggie as ranieri, manasser and mcpolin are all associates.

i will dig back into ranieri's possible allegiance at time of a.musitano and barberi murders as it has been a while and most evidence has come out now...stay tuned.