Originally Posted by Ciment
Yes we play where is, we don't know about those point men if they met, they just happened to work for him but he doesn't know them, the Toronto Star reporter lets just dismiss Ranieri because we don't know . This game can be played both sides . Your interpretation of evidence is you want either a tape recording or a witness at every scenario. What does he mean" where they get along when talking about Montreal " . Montreal has been nothing but chaos for decades and they are all getting along. Please explain to me how is this possible.
Then your grouping the Sicilians as being only Cuntrera. What about Rizzuto's relatives,the Cammalleri ,Campoli's in Toronto they don't count. Your making it sound as if the Cuntrera's call all the shots in Toronto and Rizzuto is just an innocent by stander. Your ignoring info about Toronto Star

Police said Ranieri took over the Rizzuto operation in Toronto in 2013 after the murder of his former associate, Juan Ramon Fernandez, also known in the GTA as “Joey Bravo.”
It seems Reporters and police statements don't count and you say I am ignoring info.
So there is your proof a Rizzuto operative is taking over the operations in Toronto. Who happened to work for Fernandez in the past, Fernandez the same guy who gets killed in Sicily by who's directive , we can't say Rizzuto because by your standards we need a witness or a tape recording. What is a Rizzuto operative doing in Toronto if Leonardo Rizzuto is to busy fighting a war in Montreal. Shouldn't he be there helping out . Who are we kidding.
Furthermore, I never said Cuntrera were relatives. I said some of the Sicilians in Toronto are relatives.

So I agree lets leave it alone and move on.

Hamilton and Montreal get along that's how it's possible. It's two different criminal ecosystems and when one is in chaos it doesn't mean the other is involved..

I'm not grouping the Sicilians as being only the Cuntreras for no reason. Dom Violi was specifically referring to the Cuntreras when he said it. The Cammalleri aren't relevant because they haven't been mentioned in how many years. What Cammalleri are even criminally active? Frank Campoli housed Vito Rizzuto when he returned from Canada and that's the only thing that's come out about him in the last 10 years. There's no reason bringing either up because they aren't relevant to this.

I've been pretty vocal on media reports and police understanding of formal affiliations and I have good reason to not take everything they say as proof of affiliations. Like Vitocahill said already Daniele Ranieri worked under Juan Fernandez who had connections to Vito Rizzuto and may have taken over whatever criminal activities Juan Fernandez had after his deportation and murder but the link to him being under Montreal is weak. The closest link of him and Montreal is his involvement in the gambling ring ran by Benedetto Manasseri who has business with Vittorio Mirarchi.

Another misunderstanding about the Cuntreras being relatives. Got confused because they were who we were talking about.

Originally Posted by Liggio
Juan Fernandez belonged to the Rizzutos, so if Daniele Ranieri belonged to Fernandez then it stands to reason that he belonged to the Rizzutos by extension.

By that logic Montreal would still be the Bonanno Family's grin

If Daniele Ranieri was still or even a Rizzuto guy wouldn't that kinda ruin the whole other argument you're making the the Rizzutos and Musitanos were together? In Jabril Abdalla trial evidence presented showed the hitteam being in contact with Daniele Ranieri. It very much looks like Daniele Ranieri was one of the ones who organized the hit on Angelo Musitano. From your own argument we have allies killing allies here.

Last edited by Mafia101; 08/02/23 04:56 AM.