Mafia 101 , I am ready to resume talks and Its okay with me too, to disagree that is how we learn through discussions. I like to debate and get ideas from others as along as we mutually respect one another.
I also enjoyed some of our passed discussions and I am willing to forget this recent incident and move on.

The following is probably going to be one to agree to disagree.
The Montreal Crime family , since the Cotroni days, have always had what I call a "point man" in Toronto to look after family businesses they control in Toronto and to also be the eyes and hears. This has been going on for decades . Find below a list men they used over the years. Unfortunately, all got killed at one point or another, except for one who turned informant. When one gets killed they always managed somehow to find one to replace .

Real Simard & Eddie Melo the boxer used to drive to Toronto frequently to take care of family business
Gaetano Panepinto
Constantin (Big Gus) Alevizos
Juan Ramon Fernandez
Daniel Ranieri
Constantin (Big Gus) Alevizos

It has also been well known, that the Cotroni crime family including the Rizzuto's, have been trying to expand in Ontario for years.

"A few months after the Papalia and Barillaro murders in 1997, but before their arrests, Musitano and his cousin, Avignone, joined Rizzuto for a late-night meeting in a restaurant north of Toronto. Musitano backed the Sicilians in Ontario, where Calabrian mobsters ran the underworld." National Post".

You asked to name an actual link between Musitano and Rizzuto, it is Gaetano Panepinto. killed in 2000. Prior to the arrests he dealt with Musitano.
There were plenty of warnings he had enemies.
October 10, 2000, Vito Rizzuto was visiting a funeral parlour in Toronto. He had come to pay his respects to the grieving family of one of his key associates in Ontario, Gaetano “Guy” Panepinto, who had been murdered the week before at age forty-one. Vito was accompanied by three of his top men: Paolo Renda, his brother-in-law and the family’s consigliere; Rocco Sollecito, the former manager of the Consenza Social Club; and Francesco Arcadi, his Calabrian lieutenant.

National Post Published Jul 12, 2020

"The most painful was the murder of his brother, Angelo, in 2017.

In secretly recorded police wiretaps recorded in 2014, Toronto-area mobsters talk about Musitano and his organization, by his name and sometimes as “the ones from Hamilton.”

In 2016, other wiretaps of different mobsters, caught less flattering nicknames. The Musitano brothers were referred to as “the Fatsos” and “the Idiots.”

Dominic Violi, a well-known Hamilton criminal whose family has long Mafia roots, had grown up with Musitano. They played together on swing sets as children and remained friendly for decades.

The Rizzutos in Montreal, however, had murdered Violi’s father, who was also a Calabrian mob boss. Violi complained in 2017 that Musitano was still supporting Sicilian mobsters in Toronto, according to summaries of wiretaps submitted in court."

Vito Rizzuto Passed away in 2013. If point men were used in the past surely Leonardo Rizzuto could of easily use other Sicilian contacts in Ontario to communicate with Musitano.

With regards to the media articles you gave a good example with the Verduci, they really got that one wrong but on certain occasion more often than none they it right.
The reporters are the ones that are close to the police whom they most often get tips from them. A good investigative will also get facts through investigations.
We on the other hand, have to rely on information we get from media, books, analysis through thought process, theorizing and debates to formulate an opinion.
Let's hope we can do this amicably.

Last edited by Ciment; 08/01/23 08:39 PM.