Originally Posted by Ciment
Originally Posted by NYMafia
A "Mafia" type organization, or more appropriately, a "mafioso" mentality, is extremely common to Southern Italians born back in their homeland. Whether or not they choose to go into the criminal life, per se. It is a mentality, unique to Italy/Sicily, instilled in them since they were children by their parents and blood family.

Even American-born Italian street guys who were raised 'correctly' by their elders can exhibit a 'mafioso' styled mentality that carries them through life. Whether they choose to be legitimate businessmen or take to the streets to make a living.

Because, truth be told, a 'true' mafioso is born, not made!
--
Here's the second half of my answer. lol. (I forgot to write it).

That said, if a bunch of fellas got together. And they had the sufficient amount of balls and brains and moxie, they could create a Mafia-styled crew, as good, if not better, than a so-called formally recognized LCN "Family." (especially nowadays in 2023 where all these crews as screwed up and are running on fumes.)

Thanks NY Mafia, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this matter.

You have answered my question despite you not remembering the second half lol.
I may not have been clear enough when I raised this question. I didn't mean just any crew but descendants of of Italians from southern Italy or Sicily.
You touched on three important factors, how they were raised, blood relation and their state of mind.

You're very welcome Ciment. I'm glad I was able to answer your questions properly.