Originally Posted by Mafia101
We already went through this one the post you made on the topic. But to recap and answer your question

What I mean is the infamous Rizzuto Family has never been proven to exist as a officially recognized Mafia Family.

We know the Bonanno Family had a crew in Montreal that consisted of 20 member give or take from the 1960s to 1999 when Sal Vitale visited. It's claimed Montreal broke off when the Gerlando Sciascia was killed who was the Captain of the Montreal crew but we have recordings in 2005 that prove they didn't. Everything I stated before this is undisputed facts.

Where it gets complicated is after the mess with Sal Montagna.

In that war we had Montreal Bonanno members on both sides and most of them were killed. We don't know what the status of the few remaining Montreal Bonanno members are.

This is also when we see Leonardo Rizzuto and Stefano Sollecito take over. Not once has there been any sort of official recognition as amico nostra that we know of between this organization ran by Leonardo Rizzuto and Stefano Sollecito and a official Mafia Family.

What a lot of you had a hard time understanding last time was I'm not saying they're not an official Family apart of Cosa Nostra. I'm saying we do not know and so say otherwise is wildly irresponsible of us.

What makes it complicated is the presence of the Caruana- Cuntrera, who WERE a recognized mafia family.