Originally Posted by Blackmobs
One thing I know about the media, they don’t really understand the links between members of differents factions of the criminal world.
They don’t understand that many mafia guys in there 40s grew up with people from different background of the criminal world.
You got guys who are in the mafia, but lived in place like RDP, st leonard or laval, and were in the same kindergarden with haitians.
So its not like someone work for someone, but mostly they work together, since they were probably doing stuff together since they were teens.
But the news don’t understand the montreal reality.
My big brother stayed in lasalle for some time. And many jamaicans and irish teens were always together, and fighting the french kids. Many of those guys became members of the irish mob or west indies crews. And like in the east, they work together, because they knew each other for a long time

This is even true when it comes to formal affiliations and I mentioned it before when I said it isnt known if the Rizzuto Family is even a Family and this isn't just a problem in Montreal but in all of Canada. They see a Calabrian invovled in drug trafficking and gambling and say he's a Ndrangheta member. They see a Sicilian and say he's Cosa Nostra. They see someone working with the Rizzutos and automatically he's a member of Family when he isn't. They call identified Bonanno members Rizzuto Family members.

Originally Posted by antimafia
Originally Posted by Ciment
You are correct Blackmobs he is from Campobasso.

Maria Mourani’s book about Joe Di Maulo’s daughter Milena provides an exact place of birth for him: Montorio dei Frentani (town), which is in Campobasso (the province as opposed to the capital city).

Louis Greco, who for many decades has been misidentified as having Sicilian ancestry — and has sometimes even been described as Sicilian born — was actually born in Montreal. Years ago, a man purporting to be related to Greco (a son born outside of Greco’s marriage?) wrote online that Greco was indeed born in Montreal but had ancestry from Montorio dei Frentani — this information made its way into †Pierre de Champlain’s 2014 book.

Nicola Di Ioria was another from Campobasso.