Originally Posted by Mafia101
It's very obvious Sullycantwell is not b but what's wrong with you toodoped? Sullycantwell creates a post to discuss a topic you want answers for and instead of engaging you throw it off topic again with your delusions and obsession with the other forum you were kicked off of. Someone already told all of us to stop with the personal attacks and here you are again doing it and it's funny since that's exactly what got you kicked off the other forum lol

Sullycantwell there isn't a lot to go off of for this Capo Squadrone title the CI gives certain people. I can agree saying it was a official position is a big jump that is hard to make. Maybe it was used to describe people who were viewed as faction leaders? I haven't heard the term outside of this file but apparently there is a reference to someone in Sicily being referred as Capo Squadrone.

A similar term is Capi dei Capidecina. Neil Dellacroce was described as Capi dei Capidecina and a few others have but I can't recall their names at the moment.

The Bonanno Family had something called the Senior Capo or Top Captain who would help run the Family. Nicky Marangello was described as being this Senior Captain in the very early 1970s. Joe Pistone reported that Lefty Ruggiero told him Sonny Napolitano was upped to the Top Captain. It wasn't a official position but more of a de facto role someone takes on. I haven't seen others named as having the role but Carmine Galante in the 1950s Joe Massino in the 1980s Dom Cicale in the 2000s fit the criteria.

I mentioned in the other thread Magaddino saying "dannarao" controlled 10-12 capidecina too. I agree with you that it was probably a de facto role and there isn't much else to it.

Attached Files Screenshot 2023-07-24 3.06.53 PM.png