Originally Posted by Toodoped
@NYM and @MafiaStudent thanks a lot for the article and the chart. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks!!!!

Interesting to note is that Pittsburgh possibly had some type of similar "clique" or structure as the Chicago Outfit, and I can see they also had many leading "Mainlanders". FOH is also expert on these stuff but I just want to give my two cents.

Btw, @NYM do you know something about this type of rank or position aka the "capo squadrone" term within the Pittsburgh mafia...already asked this question a million times in the past and never really received a straight answer from anyone...it seems the position was different and possibly more influential than capo regime or capo decina...back in the days I used the term in one of my Outfit charts so I can explain powerful capos who had other capos beneath them....

[Linked Image]

Great find, this is very interesting. Nicola Gentile transferred to the Mangano family in the 1930s and Mangano tasked him with heading two captains' crews. One of the crews was Giuseppe Parlapiano's crew and the other was headed by Gaetano Tropia. They both were captains and I believe Gentile was only a soldier, but he was above these guys. Gentile described himself as a sostituto for Mangano. Magaddino mentioned someone named "Dannarao" [Ph] who headed 10-12 crews, but was killed by, i believe Anastasia. Maybe this deserves its own thread where we dig up more on this.