Great stuff. This is my first introduction to your site and i enjoyed it. I like the writing style a lot, makes for an easy read. I do have a couple points/questions.

1.) In the article you stated, "These ancient criminal networks as well as other independent Italian criminals later formed La Mano Nera, better known as The Blackhand, which were early extortion gangs comprised of various Italian hoodlums that preyed on their communities." This is a widely held belief, but it actually isn't true. The black hand was merely an extortion tactic- as opposed to an organization- used by all criminals. Most of the time in fact it wasn't even a large group effort, rather a couple friends trying to make a buck. It also wasn't just an Italian thing. As Celeste Morello noted in her book, a group of Non-Italians were arrested in New Castle, PA and they were not of Italian descent. The newspapers made it seem as if it was ONLY Italians, but this simply wasn't true.

2.)In the article you also stated, "over 100 of the most important and powerful Mafia figures were having a major pow-wow at the time." This may very well be true, but only 61 got caught and I only know of 30 suspected members, do you have a list of the hundred?

3.) On the associate list a name jumped out at me. His name was Joseph Zito. In D'Elia's new book Zito is listed as a member of the Pittston family. This is likely the author making a mistake as he was likely an associate. We can infer this from the Pittsburgh Crime Commission report that states he was a Pittston associate. So why do you believe he was a Rochester associate instead of Pittston?

4.) Do you have any information for the associate you listed named Thomas Kelliher?

Thanks in advance and good article.