Originally Posted by NYMafia
Sully, we must also keep in mind that there were lots of shifting alliances during the bloody period while guys maneuvered for power. So when we place a name within a certain group and try to etch it in stone, we may not be doing the correct thing here. We may be doing our own research an injustice by being so rigid. Understand what I'm trying to say here?

Michele Abatemarco, Giuseppe Peraino, Salvatore DeBella, etc., etc. The so-called "Brooklyn" crew, the early Profaci crew, had a very murky beginning to say the least. In fact, truth be told, it's the one family of NY's Five that we know the least about.

Its beginnings were on shifting sands, and many of its key early members jumped to the Masseria/Luciano Family as killings took place. Others aligned elsewhere. Some stayed, and solidified into what became the "DeBella Family" (Profaci Family). Its murky at best.

What I can say, is that, Stefano Ferrigno, who was murdered with "Al" Mineo, has a very interesting surname. Because years later, there was a veteran Profaci soldier, a real 'old-timer' by the name of Bartolo (Bart) Ferrigno.

Was he a brother? A son? A relative? I never checked into it, but my gut tells he he was. So there's another potential link for us.

Side note: But also keep in mind that the fact they got killed together doesn't necessarily mean they were part of the same family! Because in that apartment that day, they're killers, were also part of several different crews, who worked together, during the war to win it. These fellas later became members of the Genovese, Lucchese, and Profacii Families. So go figure, right?

Like I say, its a murky history (at best)

1.) Mineo later transferred to the Gambino family after D'Aquila's death.

2.) if we have a made member reporting something contrary to what books/wiki says we should first question the books/wiki. so i ask, where are you getting that he wasn't a boss?