Originally Posted by Sullycantwell
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by Sullycantwell
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Sully, If I may ask you. What was the criteria they used to connect Mineo as a member of the early Profaci Family, per se?

Because Giuseppe Morello was an early power from Downtown and Uptown in Harlem (not Brooklyn territory.) And having been killed by Fontana being killed by Mineo's family could just as easily point to the Salvatore D'Aquila Family (future Gambino Family), no?

If it's possible, could you please post up that portion of the article that speaks to this? I'd enjoy seeing it.

If you can, I thank you in advance.

Clemente made a clear distinction between D'Aquila and Mineo. They had two seperate families (the family split sometime before Fontana's murder).

Clemente's statement are inconsistent with what went know to be true.

I don't necessarily buy it.

Um... so? He was literally a made member, why does it matter what wikipedia says? Instead of saying Clemente is confused, why dont you first read his statements? If you did, you would see he furnished great info. Originally Ignazio Lupo was head of the Palermitani family, Giuseppe Morello was head of the Corleonesi family, and Paolo Orlando was head of the CDG/Camporeale family. The Palermo family was probably the largest as they had the most immigrants.Angelo Santino, one of the authors of the magazine, theorized that maybe the Palermo family split into two groups (D'Aquila and Mineo) because they had the most, maybe double. the members of the other groups. Or judging by the later war, the family split due to a internal war.

I don't disagree with you on that. In fact, I truly believe (based on what happened in NYC and many other cities during that era) that there were many factions from the same areas who split from one another, or competed with one another. We're not on opposite sides about that Sully. At all.

Because after the Castellammarese War ended, and the families formed the Commission, one of the many dictates and rules they declared was that these smaller families, and formally splintered factions, meld themselves into, and align with, the 'newly' recognized Families and powers that were set in place.

Last edited by NYMafia; 07/16/23 07:24 AM.