Originally Posted by RushStreet
So for some reason Tony Spilotro really rubs me the wrong way. He comes off as cocky and arrogant and just a "I don't give a fuck about no one else and don't give a fuck what they say" type of guy. A guy that would snicker at Mob higher ups if they told him to cool his shit and stop fucking around.

I guess thats why he got whacked right? I used to think he was alright but honestly the guy got what he deserved. A total prick and fucking cocksucker.

First off, all mob guys are fucking scumbag people. Second off, if you followed Family Secrets closely, it was clear Michael and Tony knew they may not be returning from a meeting they had. Both were facing indictments - Tony with significantly heavy time. They weren't stupid - they had seen this before multiple times. That's why Michael left all the jewelry and valuables and had his bank accounts arranged ahead of time - same thing with his older brother. So this 'arrogant cocky guy' who apparently in your view was 'unloyal' went to a meeting where he knew there was a chance he wouldn't walk out - he went because he was ordered to.

Tony may have made money under the table and caused problems and issues - but he followed his orders until the very end. He came when they called him. If he was that arrogant, cocky and unroyal, he would have run to the FBI and he'd be enjoying his grandkids today. I'm friends with that family - they will tell you the exact same thing. The Outfit extorted both widows years later ironically for a bar owned on "Rush Street" that was part of the Sam DeStefano Jr. indictment in the early 90s - these mob guys are all cocksuckers.

Last edited by ChiTown; 06/01/23 04:38 PM.