Originally Posted by Toodoped
Originally Posted by majicrat
It seems so many here refuse to acknowledge Gotti was able to get a lot of "gangsters" to be loyal to him. I'm not referring to the white collar guys, I'm talking about the street guys, the hitters. They all were loyal to him.

For what its worth, according to few old and serious Balkan (especially Serbian) gangsters from the 70's and 80's who operated in France, Germany, Italy and other states, allegedly knew Gotti or some of Gotti's people. Maybe our board member @Strax can give us more about this story, but it seems Gotti suspected that there was already another informant before Gravano and allegedly reached out to one of these guys (I think it was Mike Majkic or something like that) to find out his name...

Boško "The Yugo" Radonjic was the most famous boss affiliated with Gambinos and the Westies.

Though based in the Balkans, Radonjic frequently travelled abroad, especially to Caribbean and South American destinations. During one such trip in late December 1999 after almost a decade spent in the former Yugoslavia, Radonjic was arrested by U.S. custom officials in Miami, Florida. Actually, he was on a plane from Europe to Cuba where he was going for New Year's celebrations, but after learning that Radonjic was on the passenger list, the FBI got the plane re-routed to Miami where he was arrested in spectacular manner as the entire airport was shut down.
During spring 2003, following the assassination of the Serbian Prime Minister, Radonjic was arrested and questioned as part of Operation Sablja, a wide-sweeping police action initiated by the Serbian authorities under the state of emergency. After spending three days in prison, Radonjic was released.
He died in 2011.

Last edited by Hollander; 05/28/23 08:55 AM.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"