Originally Posted by I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes
A liberal, multi-ethnic borgata of Chicago, "Genovese Family", and "Lanksy's Thing" seemed pretty powerful at the time

Above FBI file is from 1956, which is 3 years before they lost Cuba, so they were probably at the peak of their influence in 1956

You're completely right regarding the modern types of families such as Chicago and the Genoveses/Lansky being quite powerful because of their "liberal" organizations. According to Bonannos own words, guys like Luciano were allegedly interested only in money, meaning Bonanno represented himself as more traditional. Or according to one convo from Angelo Bruno in which he stated that Chicago boss Giancana was working literally with everyone, which is the same thing as Bonannos statement regarding Luciano.

Originally Posted by I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes
[Linked Image]

Luchesse under Meyer Lansky in 1956?

My opinion regarding the statement about Lucchese in this particular file is that the situation was looked at from business point of view, meaning the Jewish faction already had much higher authority and influence in that particular racket than Lucchese.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good