Originally Posted by VitoCahill
Yeah Dixie that was a big take away from the book for me as well. All these guys are or were cut throats. Scoppa doesn't come off looking like a saint at all. Scoppa could be lumping murders on Sollecito out of spite and seeing if police take the bait. I guess the fact that Sollecito has yet to be arrested for any of the claimed murders he took part in, ordered etc. Could be telling. Obviously the police would have to investigate and verify, but nothing immediate has happened yet.

No doubt! He showed so much hate for Steve you just can't take it all as 100% factual for sure. I'm not sure that the insinuation that Steve killed Giordano for the book as truth either. By that point he had many enemies and was muscle for the Rizzuto's as well so I wouldn't count out as that coming from the Desjardins side either. Scoppa had a lot to gain by seeing Steve go down for any murder if it was true.

Also so far I definitely don't believe him and his brother didn't talk or have anything to do with each other like he claimed. They were making many power plays behind the scenes and I seriously doubt that both of them were not in on the same hit and I think they helped each other in spots. I'm back to the Rizzuto chapter so I'll add my other thoughts as I go along and remind myself what I wanted to talk about LOL