Originally Posted by VitoCahill
let us not spiral downward into that black hole again liggio. most good evidence obviously suggests otherwise but in a different context than other more traditional east coast mafia families. but do what u do...i am no moderator.

another question for those on here.

if there is indeed a $250 000 price on del balsos head, at one point is it more cost effective for del balsos allies, whoever they are to take him out themselves?
it could then bring a pause or temporary stop to some of this. from the article above the feds pulled del balsos passport. so legally hes not going anywhere for good or to hide out for a while, outside of canada. and if del balso is indeed trying to push to be somekind of overall boss for all the mafia cells/crews in mtl, what then would be the point of trying to flee? i realize if the hit on l. rizzuto had succeeded del balso wouldnt have attempted to go anywhere.

and to my own point what if this is del balso trying to become the NEW BOSS? as even mafia101 has stated...i think? in some cases it takes years for families to name an official NEW BOSS. for a man like del balso who rightly served his time and stayed silent following proj colisee arrest and sentence he may think his time is now to make a run at the big chair.

Forget about the Mafia Family debate or the baiting by Liggio on a topic where we already discussed the media's choice of words to describe these guys.

I don't think it was a move by Francesco Del Balso trying to consolidate all of the different cells under him to become some overall boss as you put it. No one would allow that to happen because Francesco Dle Balso isn't well liked or view favorably. It probably is as simple as it being retaliation for his own shootings earlier this year and late last year. I think it's a real possibility someone could be using Francesco Del Balso's anger to go after Leonardo Rizzuto.

Whether the hit succeeded or not I think Francesco Del Balso would of been trying to get out of dodge as soon as they figured out it was him. Leonardo Rizzuto being killed would be a major blow to that cell but it wouldn't be a killing blow. I said this before for someone to overthrow the Rizzuto cell they would need to take out everyone in the inner circle. That cell is far too entrenched in Montreal. Time and time again they get hit hard but bounce back and continue to be the strongest cell. They're vulnerable and would be even more vulnerable if Leonardo Rizzuto and Stefano Sollecito were dead but they wouldn't be done.