GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Havana), 661 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,782
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,345
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,417
Posts1,060,549
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: FBI File Snippet On Lansky [Re: Hollander] #1064503
07/21/23 09:51 AM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Hollander
Originally Posted by NYMafia
With all due respect, thats not possible Hollander. In fact, it's patently impossible.

Because they were very close, Lansky may have passed some messages to several key capos from Luciano. He may have even executed some of Luciano's orders and requests.

But, as a non-Italian and a non-member associate, no way, no how, was he "leading" the Family, (as their "acting boss" no less.)

That would have been a direct slap in the face to every goodfella in the family, and by extension, to all other goodfellas. Understand?

He was Luciano's eyes and ears in the US. After the departure of Genovese Lucky probably appointed Costello as acting boss. However when Vito and Frank were at odds the role of Lansky became more important.

100%

When you have the boss's ear like he did, you're pretty much running the show

But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away
Re: FBI File Snippet On Lansky [Re: Hollander] #1064504
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

With all due respect, thats not possible Hollander. In fact, it's patently impossible.

Because they were very close, Lansky may have passed some messages to several key capos from Luciano. He may have even executed some of Luciano's orders and requests.

But, as a non-Italian and a non-member associate, no way, no how, was he "leading" the Family, (as their "acting boss" no less.)

That would have been a direct slap in the face to every goodfella in the family, and by extension, to all other goodfellas. Understand?

He was Luciano's eyes and ears in the US. After the departure of Genovese Lucky probably appointed Costello as acting boss. However when Vito and Frank were at odds the role of Lansky became more important.

No doubt Hollander. And Frank Costello did become the official 'acting boss' (maybe even the official boss in later years), before he and Genovese had their problems.

Lansky was always important to Luciano, and by extension, to the hierarchy of the family, as well. But he was never an 'acting boss' not did he ever serve in any 'official' capacity (nor could he) within the Family.

Re: FBI File Snippet On Lansky [Re: NYMafia] #1064505
07/21/23 10:00 AM
07/21/23 10:00 AM
S
Sullycantwell Offline
Made Member
Sullycantwell  Offline
S
Made Member

No doubt Hollander. And Frank Costello did become the official 'acting boss' (maybe even the official boss in later years), before he and Genovese had their problems.

Lansky was always important to Luciano, and by extension, to the hierarchy of the family, as well. But he was never an 'acting boss' not did he ever serve in any 'official' capacity (nor could he) within the Family.

I believe it was in 1946 or 1947 when Costello became official boss

Re: FBI File Snippet On Lansky [Re: I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes] #1064512
07/21/23 12:50 PM
07/21/23 12:50 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

I'm also intrigued by the Havana Conference in 46 a year after WW II and with so many top Jewish gangsters in attendance.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: FBI File Snippet On Lansky [Re: Hollander] #1064513
07/21/23 01:02 PM
07/21/23 01:02 PM
S
Sullycantwell Offline
Made Member
Sullycantwell  Offline
S
Made Member
I'm also intrigued by the Havana Conference in 46 a year after WW II and with so many top Jewish gangsters in attendance.

The meeting is blown out of proportion http://mafiahistory.us/a045/f_havanaconvention.html

Re: FBI File Snippet On Lansky [Re: Sullycantwell] #1064516
07/21/23 01:55 PM
07/21/23 01:55 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by Sullycantwell

The meeting is blown out of proportion http://mafiahistory.us/a045/f_havanaconvention.html

Thanks former FBI agent William Roemer claimed it was Bonanno who betrayed Luciano.

While Luciano believed that Vito Genovese had tipped off the US government to his whereabouts in Cuba, he did not live to find out that it was "Joe Bananas" Bonanno who tipped off the New York City newspapers to Luciano's whereabouts in Cuba in February 1947. Joseph Bonanno was highly respected and feared, but he was also ruthless and highly ambitious.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: FBI File Snippet On Lansky [Re: Hollander] #1064555
07/21/23 05:18 PM
07/21/23 05:18 PM
S
Sullycantwell Offline
Made Member
Sullycantwell  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted by Sullycantwell

Thanks former FBI agent William Roemer claimed it was Bonanno who betrayed Luciano.

While Luciano believed that Vito Genovese had tipped off the US government to his whereabouts in Cuba, he did not live to find out that it was "Joe Bananas" Bonanno who tipped off the New York City newspapers to Luciano's whereabouts in Cuba in February 1947. Joseph Bonanno was highly respected and feared, but he was also ruthless and highly ambitious.

Roemer wasn't the most reliable unfortunately. Its pretty sad, the more i research, the more i see how little these authors fact check their claims

Re: FBI File Snippet On Lansky [Re: I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes] #1066132
08/07/23 08:04 AM
08/07/23 08:04 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good
Re: FBI File Snippet On Lansky [Re: I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes] #1066135
08/07/23 09:10 AM
08/07/23 09:10 AM
Houston
L
Liggio Offline
Underboss
Liggio  Offline
L
Underboss
Houston
I've actually had some doubts about the so-called big Commission meeting in Havana. Knowing what we know about the Mafia in present times, I think that article is right in that it was more of a meeting to decide on who would replace Lucky Luciano as boss of what we call the Genovese Family today.

Re: FBI File Snippet On Lansky [Re: Liggio] #1066184
08/08/23 04:35 AM
08/08/23 04:35 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted by Liggio
I've actually had some doubts about the so-called big Commission meeting in Havana. Knowing what we know about the Mafia in present times, I think that article is right in that it was more of a meeting to decide on who would replace Lucky Luciano as boss of what we call the Genovese Family today.

I also agree, meaning most of attendees were from the Luciano family, followed by two or three representatives from the Chicago family (in 46 Fischetti was acting boss who groomed Accardo and Giancana to take the leadership) which in turn was Luciano family's "first cousin" and also more than few members of the Jewish mob which again were in a very close association with the Lucianos, under Lansy's jurisdiction.

The rest of the group was mainly formed by one representative from each commission family.

Re: FBI File Snippet On Lansky [Re: I_Sell_Dem_Tomatoes] #1066189
08/08/23 05:32 AM
08/08/23 05:32 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
....in addition to my previous post...if they were choosing a new Luciano family boss, then its quite possible that the NY Jewish or non-Ital mob had its own vote regarding the same matter, mainly because of their very close and long time alliance with the Lucianos, meaning they were important part of the family, similar to Chicago which was important ally of the Lucianos. I dont think that all of those non-Itals and their top representative were there just to send a message back home or simply regarding some operation, obviously because we also have reps from the other families. The same thing was in Chicago too, meaning whenever there was some type of important situation, again like choosing a new boss, the non-Itals had their own vote and seat on their own round table. Maybe the non-Itals didnt attend induction ceremonies, but they vouched for many future Italian members and sometimes attended dinners or parties after someone got made. That was the real American Mafia, and the Genoveses together with Chicago were THE prime examples.

Re: FBI File Snippet On Lansky [Re: Toodoped] #1066421
08/10/23 04:51 AM
08/10/23 04:51 AM
Giacalone Offline
Underboss
Giacalone  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Toodoped

Thanks for posting this T. Unbelievable footage

But you had to play it cool, had to do it your way
Had to be a fool, had to throw it all away
Re: FBI File Snippet On Lansky [Re: Giacalone] #1066534
08/11/23 04:20 AM
08/11/23 04:20 AM
Underground
Toodoped Offline
Murder Ink
Toodoped  Offline
Murder Ink
Underboss
Underground
Originally Posted by Giacalone
Originally Posted by Toodoped

Thanks for posting this T. Unbelievable footage

You're welcome bud. It reminded me of one of Fratiannos statements which in fact was about the murder of Lanskys stepson and was something like..."No matter who you are, when you gotta go, you gotta go Jackson"

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull