Originally Posted by eastsideofvan
Originally Posted by Mafia101

The fact someone doesn't understand the most basic stuff about the Mafia and is going to argue all you need to be Mafia is be Italian and commit crimes is just nuts. That is my point. There's people on here who are trying to tell us what is what when they don't understand the simplest things. It's frustrating when no one bats a eye at that but if I say we dont know what Montreal is which is absolutely a the truth I get dogged on by several users and accused of rewriting history or not knowing what I'm talking about.

The issue is that you are deliberately omitting crucial information in order to create a straw man argument. The crucial information being that Nick Rizzuto was made over on the other side, as were some of the other guys around him. Some of their mafia bloodlines go back to the 1800s. Nevermind Nick, Nick's wife is the daughter of Antonio Manno. I doubt if Antonio Manno would have cared whether or not the five families of New York have "recognized" his progeny in Canada.

The Rizzutos are not "just a bunch of Italian guys committing crimes".

That's not omitting crucial information it's irrelevant because for one we don't know if he was made in Italy or not and two he was a Bonanno member and three your family going back generations as Mafia members doesn't automatically make you a Mafia member. You could probably find dozen of examples of respected families going back generations as Mafia members and their descendants still commit crimes but aren't recognized as Mafia members. In fact I even gave a example of this earlier in the post with Joe Cuntrera. The Cuntreras and Caruanas are considered Mafia royalty and yet he isn't recognized by the Buffalo Family.

Point in case above of people speaking as if things are facts when it's unconfirmed. I also never said they are just a bunch of italian guys committing crimes but that is a possibility.

Last edited by Mafia101; 04/18/23 02:47 PM.