Originally Posted by m2w
the lack of indictments let to think this family is barely active, if not dead

I have a problem with that theory the reason is this:
For every one racket that gets busted there are 100 that go under the radar or are above and nobody cares.

Historically the family has flew under the radar they have not had any crazy mob wars that led to extensive shootings on the streets, they were never public enemy #1.

If Giovanni, would have never gotten those indictments we would know NOTHING about the family.

Guys would be saying they have no Admin.

Granted Stagno’s rackets weren’t major money making rackets.
Not every racket will be, there are a whole bunch of colombo and Gambino associates running around BensonHURST, buying their friends, families, associates whatever pain pill prescriptions for $20 a pill and flipping those pills for $30-$35 each:

You get a script for 100 you make $7.00 a pill you flip it one shot $700.00 every month.

You get a script for your self that’s all profit:
$2,000= Your Script
$700= Your family member
$700= Your friend
$700.= Friend of a friend.

That’s $4,100/M from just pills.
Every month consistent income.

Throw a little coke some weed.

My point is those low level rackets could start to add up.

If your an associate and trying establish yourself you want to have a book with money on the street.
Or if your a down on your luck guy with a button, you want to get your money out there working for you.

Every $1,000.00 you lend out you charge $40.00 a week.
$160.00/M

$10,000.00 = $1,600.00/M
$20,000.00 = $3,200.00/M

Again hustling some drugs and putting some money on the street.
Starts to add up pretty soon you are close to $10K Monthly coming in from “LOW LEVEL” rackets.

With no money out of pocket you can get a sheet with a bookie and you get a percentage of what all your people lose, Footballl season you have a dozen bettors that lose $8,000 for the week you just earned $1,600.00 for yourself.

The NFL playoffs
SuperBowl Sunday your bettors lose $50,000 you just made yourself $10,000.

Stagno was trying to put together a crew to work these types of low level rackets that do not take much of a cash outlay to get off the ground.

From what I read the son was a moron couldn’t get these off the ground he needed Giovanni, to get shit going.

Last edited by BensonHURST; 04/09/23 10:20 PM.